Managed by Yasmin Noorali / Researcher
Our client is a leading branded supplier of automotive parts in the UK&I. The business is growing strongly and has significant further potential. The company has a small and highly effective management team and is looking to recruit a “hands-on” Commercial Director, reporting to the MD, with a broad-ranging role to help drive the continued growth of the business. This will include the management and development of high growth product categories and introduction of new technologies.
The successful candidate will possess the drive, commercial acumen and excellent people management skills required to support the growth development opportunities for the company. The role will be responsible for developing the commercial activities for the business by growing sales in existing and new markets, and continuously developing the supply chain and product offering. Also owning the financial management of projects, putting together bids, and negotiating and agreeing on contracts. He/she will have a proven track record in a senior commercial leadership role with potential to progress into broader management roles.
- Proven track record hands-on experience in a senior commercial leadership role within a distribution B2B business, ideally automotive aftermarket, FMCG or industrial high volume Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) business.
- A track-record of managing multiple functions within a high volume SKU business with multi and diverse sales channels.
- Proven experience developing multiple product line offerings and managing key accounts relationships.
- A strong track record of organisational development, introducing management rigour, as well as the achievement of commercial goals and metrics.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes. In-depth knowledge of market research and analysis, competitive landscape scoping and assessment.
- Must be commutable to Essex.