Managed by Oliver Smith / Researcher
We are working with an entrepreneurial, high growth enterprise software solutions provider to the Construction and Facilities Management industries. The company has recently secured major debt financing funding and has moved to a Business Unit structure to promote its growth ambitions.
We have been retained on a Development Manager opportunity to lead a number of Engineering teams. Each Development Manager will be accountable for managing up to 6 Development teams, with up to 10 Development staff per team. The Development Manager’s remit will include developing and executing the technical strategy, driving the development and delivery of best-in-class software products and evolving the overall technology proposition to support the business to deliver its revenue growth ambitions and profit performance, increase market share against the competition and realise its full market potential.
- Provide technical leadership and manage the teams so that all aspects of software development meet the highest standards to meet or exceed customer expectations in terms of functionality, quality, technology and the overall customer experience
- Ensure that the Development teams are building market leading products and solutions which use the latest technologies and are aligned to the company vision
- Manage the product delivery and ensure that the development teams are building products which meet the requirements, are scalable and easily maintained and supported
- Build and manage high quality teams, approve work estimates, establish budgets and communicate with the Product Owners and Scrum Masters to evaluate requirements and progress
- Previous experience of managing multiple Agile teams with responsibilities for developing and implementing the product strategy
- Experience in providing technical leadership to ensure that products and services are delivered in line within architectural frameworks
- Must be a Scrum Master and have in-depth experience of Agile methodologies
- Degree level or equivalent education preferred in a relevant subject such as Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Information Management Systems, Software Development or Business Information Systems