Managed by Chris Dawson / Researcher
Global Customer Services Director
Our client is a UK headquartered, Private Equity backed software and services company that employs over 500 people globally. Under PE ownership, and having made strategic acquisitions, the business is at an exciting stage in its history. There is significant growth potential in the UK and international markets and the company is now seeking to hire an experienced Global Customer Services Director to join the UK leadership team.
The Global Customer Services Director is a highly visible and influential role and a member of the leadership team. This is a significant leadership role, running a team of over 200 geographically dispersed support staff in providing outstanding customer service to a very diverse customer base in the UK, Netherlands, USA and South Africa. The role involves ensuring the definition and execution of an effective customer services strategy in each country: implementing software support processes appropriate to differing customer profiles; using state of the service delivery methods; leading, recruiting and training quality staff in multiple locations.
- Lead a support organisation capable of delivering measurable high levels of customer satisfaction through the excellence of responsiveness, expertise, and process.
- Define working methods, policies, processes and procedures to ensure that the support desks are able to effectively meet the short and long-term needs of the business; working with other business functions to gain support and commitment.
- Establish innovative approaches to customer support appropriate to the variety of customer profiles. Implement robust support processes, optimising the use of appropriate ITSM software.
- As appropriate, refine customer services strategy and evaluate new service delivery models. Make recommendations to the Board on any recommended strategic changes.
- Provide regular and meaningful management reporting and statistics based around improvement of customer satisfaction.
- To regularly benchmark the services offered and define improvement strategies to ensure they remain competitive and meet all agreed targets and KPIs.
- To effectively manage and be accountable for headcount budget, and capital and operating expenditure.
- To review, develop and monitor the Support Desks resource/skill levels, training/development requirements, management capability, organisation structure etc.
- Provide formal feedback to product development on software quality.
- Be a point of escalation to resolve any significant customer issues should they arrive.
- Integrate into Executive Leadership team collaborating with all other functions. Represent and champion customer services across the business. Build strong collaborative relationships with the international General Managers providing expertise, guidance and influence on all matters relating to Customer Services.