Managed by Tim Horslen / Research Manager
Our client is a Connectivity as a Service Provider. The company is ambitious, acquisitive and on a strong trajectory of organic and acquisitive growth. Current revenue run rate is over £40m and the company is profitable and cash generative.
Against this backdrop of growth the owner/founder is seeking to appoint an experienced individual as Managing Director, to drive the business strategy forward.
• Ownership of the business strategy and operating plan, working closely with the Founder to continuously review and develop the strategy.
• With P&L responsibility, guide, lead and develop the company, aligned to a common vision, whilst ensuring a capable and motivated workforce.
• Drive sales activity and the growth strategy of the business – as well as organic growth this will include acquisition activity. Support the Founder in evaluating acquisition targets and the acquisition process. Oversee the effective integration of acquired businesses and their staff.
• Support fund raising activities required to support growth and acquisition strategy.
• Lead the international expansion of the business, if appropriate.
• Ensure that the product/service development roadmap meets the needs of the business and commercial strategies.
• Act as a high level “Evangelist” for the business. Support/lead major sales opportunities.
• Analyse and assess required staffing skills levels, prioritising appointments vital to the company’s growth and maintain a high-calibre team and succession planning.
• Ensure effective communication and liaison with the Board and senior management.
• In due course, work with the Founder to prepare the company for IPO or trade sale in order to realise shareholder value.
The successful candidate will have:
Experience of working in a fast paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial, changing environment that is owner managed and…
• Proven P&L and Managing Director experience
• Good understanding of Network technologies and services.
• Strong sales orientation and experience of driving a channel sales strategy
• Strong technical appreciation and market vision
• Experience of scaling a business to over £100m+
• Understands financing a business
• M&A Experience