Managed by Sareen Aujla / Research Manager
Software Development Director – East Midlands
Gillamor Stephens is retained by a PE backed data communications solution provider based in the East Midlands. Our client’s solutions are trusted by global organisations, serving financial institutions to contact centres and the emergency services. The company is one of the fastest growing in their field, and are looking to appoint a Software Development Director to lead their software function.
As a key member of the executive team, the newly appointed Software Development Director will provide strategic input and implement appropriate processes and controls to help the business accelerate its growth even further. Leading a team of c. 20 on-site technologists you will take strategic responsibility for Software Architecture and Application Development.
- To provide leadership to the software development organization
- Enable strategic planning to achieve business goals
- Championing and coordinating common architectural and technology standards
- Provide strategic input into future product development and company direction
- Putting in place and maintaining processes to allow effective and visible development and QA functions
- Implement best practice across the software development function
- Ensure a first-class and scalable team is built
- Proven track record of success as a leader of software engineering teams, managing the Product Development lifecycle for enterprise software application products
- Experience working in an SME
- Credible leader with the ability to engage with and motivate software development staff at all levels
- Experience running an agile development organisation is essential, with Scrum experience highly preferred
A background in Microsoft technologies is highly desirable.For more information, please contact Sareen Aujla | firstname.lastname@example.org Return to Opportunities