Managed by Tim Horslen / Research Manager
Our client is a rapidly growing, UK-based company which has succeeded in developing the next generation of lightweight, powerful electric motors. Having recently closed deals to supply two of the best known sports car manufacturers in the world, the company has reached an extremely exciting stage in its development and is poised to expand massively into the automotive sector. Whilst the automotive sector is already well-known to them, due to increased demand the company is now recruiting for a VP Business Development to help them manage the development of market opportunities and lead potential customers to deal closure. Reporting into the CCO, the VP Business Development will play a vital role in enabling the business to grow on an international level.
- Proven track record in business development – from market definition; proposition development; go-to-market planning and deal closure.
- This experience will have been gained working with complex, high value solution sales.
- Desirable, but not essential, is experience in the automotive market with first-hand experience of selling drivetrain and powertrain systems and/or components to vehicle OEM’s.
Evidence of driving fast commercial growth for small technology companies where product and technology offerings are not yet industry proven and easily recognised, is more important.
- Must be able to prove the ability to seek out interesting potential customers, develop contacts and grow opportunities with a sense of urgency (an absolute must).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in an engineering or technical discipline.
- Has the ability to assimilate technology and technical details quickly and communicate the requirements clearly to YASA colleagues and customers alike.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
- Highly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams
- A character that is comfortable communicating with all seniority levels within in customer organisations and attracts interest in the company through personal credibility.
- Results-orientated, and ability to deliver business value with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- Business acumen, with a high degree of financial and analytical skills is required
- Willingness to travel as required