Managed by Chris Dawson / Researcher
Our client is a well-funded, UK based provider of renewable power systems to rural communities. The company has reached an exciting time in its development with over 100,000 systems sold to date, and they are now looking to appoint a VP Software Development, a new role on the exec team, to further develop and professionalise their software platform, as well as application and analytics capabilities in support of scaling the business to more than one million customers. One of the key priorities is to review the core development function and technology roadmap, as well as planning and directing the future development and infrastructure needs to support their continued growth strategy. Reporting to the CEO and operating as a key member of the board and executive team, the VP Software Development will play a critical role in enabling the rapid growth of the business.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Proven track record of success as a leader of software application engineering teams, ideally combined with IT Infrastructure Operations;
- Experience of complex software engineering environments and the creation of systems from roadmap definition to successful delivery and operation;
- Proven track record of building and managing high availability, mission-critical systems;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced business environment and capable of managing multiple priorities successfully; must be “hands-on” to get the job done;
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and tools, modern database architectures/systems and cloud services are key;
- Ability to build technical requirements from customer requirements at the application level;
- Experience of defining and delivering disaster recovery continuity and cybersecurity solutions;
- International experience is highly desirable;
- Good, relevant degree from a well-recognised university;
- Must be commutable to the office in Cambridge.
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast growing technology company providing green light and power to developing countries.For more information, please contact Chris Dawson | email@example.com Return to Opportunities